Canoeing, care packages, horseback riding, sleeping out doors, that's right, it's almost time to leave for camp. It is such an exciting time for so many families.
For kids with food allergies or insect allergies, it can be just as scary as it is exciting.
Allergic reactions to food and insects don't have to be paralyzing though. Developing an action plan for what to do in case there is an accidental ingestion or insect sting before your child leaves for camp can empower your child to have control over their allergy.
- Review signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- Make sure your child and the nurse know what causes the problem.
- Consider getting a bracelet or necklace that will alert others to the
- Send adequate emergency medicine with your child and/or to the nurse.
- Teach your child how to use their emergency medication
Here is a great template for an action plan that you can print out, complete, review, and send with your child.
Plan de emergencia para anafilaxis- Espanol