Symptoms of allergies and signs you should get help are:
- Chronic nasal congestion
- Runny Nose
- Waking from Sleep From your Symptoms
- Missing school, work or social engagements because your symptoms are out of control
3) What's the Top Cause for Children Missing School in New York? - Asthma.
13 million days of school are missed each year according to the Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology.
How can you get your child's asthma under control? Gramercy Allergy and Asthma is here to help. Schedule an appointment to help identify triggers, causes of flare ups and how to manage your allergy and asthma symptoms in New York before they become severe. Set up an asthma action plan and put it to use. Having a plan can keep you and your family out of the emergency department.
4) Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a food allergy. That's nearly 2 children in every classroom. Every 3 minutes someone has a reaction to food. The number of children with food allergies has increased by 50% from 2007-2011 and there is no clear answer as why.
New York is painting the town teal this weekend and is leading the way in the #TealTakeover!
Take a shot of the Empire State Building and tweet it #TealTakeover to show your support for those with food allergies.
5) Did you know that 1 in 11 children have asthma and 1 in 12 Adults have Asthma?
Sadly every day 9 people die from asthma attacks every day. There are race, gender and economic disparities in the people who have asthma.
- Women are more likely to have asthma then men.
- In children, boys are more likely to have asthma then girls
- Multi-race and blacks are more likely to have asthma then caucasians
- Adults making less then $75,000 per year are more likely to have asthma.
What can you do if your asthma is uncontrolled? Gramercy Allergy and Asthma is here to help. We help New Yorkers every day with allergies and asthma.
Pledge to your self to make May the month you take control over your allergies and asthma in New York.
- Get Tested!
- Know Your Triggers!
- Have a plan for dealing with symptoms!
- Get Treatment!
Want more specific advice on surviving New York’s Allergy Season? Visit our website http://www.gramercyallergy.com or click here to schedule an appointment online.
Follow us on Twitter@gramercyallergy
Follow us on Facebook